This article provides guidance for participants on the appropriate use of permits and transfers when prompted by PlayHQ to initiate a "request to play."
The below chart shows this process:
When to use a Permit
Participants should use a permit request when initiating a request to play under the following circumstances:
- They intend to participate for multiple clubs and competitions during the same season at once without changing their primary club.
- Note: This option is available only if competitions have enabled player-led permits. Refer to the FAQs below for further details.
When to use a Transfer
Participants should use a transfer request when initiating a request to play where:
- They are registering to a new season and a different club than the previous season.
- Players who wish to participate in a summer season while already registered for the winter season will need to initiate a transfer. This transfer request will enable them to join the upcoming summer season without forfeiting their existing winter season registration.
- Note: This option appears only if competitions have enabled player-led transfers. For more information, please consult the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions/Scenarios.
I still have an active winter registration, but I am registering for a summer season. What option do I choose?
- In this situation, you need to initiate a transfer. This action will not affect your current winter registration.
How do I know my request has been initiated?
- PlayHQ will display the following information:
- Transfer & Permit requests require approval from the following entities before a player can register with their new club:
- The player's current club.
- Both Associations involved.
- The player's new club.
- They will see the below where they can approve or reject the application:
I received the message "Transfers or permits are currently closed for this season." What should I do?
- This message indicates that associations have temporarily disabled participant-led permits and/or transfers.
- In such cases, you should get in touch with your intended destination club. They will be responsible for initiating the permit or transfer request on your behalf.