A Competition contains one or more seasons. Participants register for each season, are allocated to their team(s), and the teams fixtured for the season.
Creating a new competition is a two-step, guided process:
- From the main menu, click Competition Management
- Click Add Competition.
- Complete the Competition Details page, then click Next.
- Complete the Game & Grade Default Settings, then click Create Competition.
See below for Competition Details:
- Each Competition type contains features that assist set up and management of the competition.
- Domestic: Matches in domestic competitions are played at venues linked to your association
- Home & Away: Matches in Home & Away competitions are played at venues related to the home team.
- Tournament: Tournament Style competition with Round-robin played as a group phase (with or without pools) and knockout style finals.
- A competition name should allow for multiple seasons. A competition name might be Junior Domestic or Senior Domestic.
- The format allows participants to search for the competition by format easily. The formats displayed are Two Day+, One Day and T20.
See below for Game & Grade Default Settings:
Click the Yellow Next button, to view Game & Grade Default Settings that will apply to new games and grades created for the competition.
Set the default settings for every match in this competition. These settings can also be changed within individual grades.
Club Access Settings
- Set club access that will be provided. This includes allowing clubs to enter scores using the Admin Portal and via electronic scoring. Every sport grants a different level of access by default.
Publishing Line ups
Association Admins have the ability to select when team line-ups are published on the PlayHQ public site and participant portal.
Game Start Time (Default)
The line-up will be published once the game commences.
The line-up will appear as soon as the Club/Coach/ Team Manager makes the selection in the Admin Portal (GameDay) or the participant Portal (My Teams)
Set hours before Game
Select how many hours before the game starts you would like the line-up to appear.
- Choose to enable/disable player points for the grade. If enabled, you will need to choose whether to Enforce a team total player point cap.
- Choose to enable/disable finals eligibility for the grade. If enabled, you will need to select the value for minimum number of games played.
On completion, select the Create Competition button. A competition tile will be created on the Competition Management landing page.
See below for Edit a Competition.
You can update the competition details at any time by selecting the relevant Competition tile, and then selecting the Settings tab. From here, you can update details using the General, and Grade Defaults sub-tabs.
Update the information you would like to change, and then select Update & Save.
See below for Delete a competition
You can delete a competition by selecting the relevant Competition tile, and then selecting the Settings tab. From the General sub-tab, select Delete competition.
Confirm the deletion by clicking 'Delete competition' or click 'Cancel' to return to the previous page without deleting the competition.