Player transfers provide players with the opportunity to change their affiliation from one club to another, allowing them to effectively switch clubs. Transfers can be initiated in two ways:
A player can initiate the transfer by registering with their intended new club.
A club administrator can initiate the transfer through the Administration Portal.
Before a player can complete their registration with the new club, the transfer requires approval from both the player's current club and the new club, as well as their governing association. To retain affiliation with the earlier club, clubs can make use of Season Permits which are described in this support article on Permits. Before initiating a Transfer request, ensure the following checks.
a. Destination Association is accepting Transfers,
b. The player has previously registered to a club in Australia,
c. The player does not have an active registration with the club initiating the transfer.
If all the three conditions are fulfilled, initiate the Transfer as per the following process:
- Log into the PlayHQ Administration portal
- On the left-hand side click on Transfers & Permits → Click on the New Transfer Request button.
- Select the Organisation (Association), Competition and Season you require the player to participate in. Under the Player fields, select the source club of the player and enter at least the Last Name. Fields First Name and Date of Birth are optional. From the results that show up, select the player by clicking the circle on the right.
- After selecting the player, click on the Review button, that gets highlighted, at the top of the screen.
- Review all details and then select Submit New Transfer Request.
STAGES OF TRANSFER REQUESTS
When transfers are initiated, they enter the pending status. This status is broken down into four stages:
- Requested - The organisation who initiated a transfer will see the transfer in this state whilst they wait for it to be approved or denied.
- Upcoming - Organisations who are a part of the approval process will see this state when other organisations need to approve or deny the transfer before them.
- Action Now - Organisations who are a part of the approval process will see this state when a transfer is ready for them to approve or deny.
- Actioned - Organisations who are a part of the approval process will see this state when they have already approved a transfer but are waiting for other organisations to approve or deny the transfer.
APPROVING AND DECLINING TRANSFER REQUESTS
To approve or decline a transfer request, navigate to your organisation’s transfers request list by clicking on the Transfers & Permits menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Select ‘View’ next to a transfer with the ‘action now’ pending sub state:
When a request is approved, the request is forwarded to the next approving organisation for approval. An email similar to the below screenshot will be received by the organisation.
If your organisation is the final approver, the player will receive an automatic email with a unique link to complete their registration to your club.
If a transfer request is declined, the player will receive an automated email and will be unable to complete their registration to the new club:
SETTING AUTOMATIC APPROVALS OF TRANSFER REQUESTS
Organisations have the ability to automatically approve transfer requests. The following rules are applied as a part of the auto approval process:
The video below shows the steps to submitting a Transfer request.
SETTING UP NOTIFICATIONS FOR TRANSFER REQUESTS.
To receive player transfer notifications that require your club or association's approval, your organisation must enable transfer notifications. To enable this, go to the Notifications tab in My Organisation → Overview. You will need to add the email address you wish the notifications to be sent to and select the Transfers and/or Permits toggles to make these active.